1. Sister Morrow got a root canal.
2. During that time, I sat in the waiting room for 2 hours studying Spanish.
3. We participated in the first world-wide missionary conference in 10 years.
4. I definitely set the keys down on the trunk and then closed the trunk...so the keys were stuck in the trunk and the car was locked...
5. No worries, I got myself out of that situation by using a paper clip to reach in the trunk and press the "trunk" button on the key fob.
6. One of my recent converts told me she gave a talk yesterday in Sacrament meeting!
7. We taught a restoration lesson at Starbucks.
8. We crossed a street while knocking....and left our mission. We knocked in Orlando for an hour.
9. We rode bikes with our ward mission leader. He is a boss.
10. We saw a raccoon being kept as a pet.
11. I took a bunch of pictures of the moon this week. I don't really know why.
12. I bought a yogurt parfait at McDonalds so we could have somewhere to sit for the dinner a member gave us.
13. Last night, I lost the phone. We found it half frozen in the grass on the side of the road by a house we had tried to visit.
14. We've realized how ill-prepared we were for the two weeks of winter that Florida actually has. It actually got down to 34 this week in PSL. It is FREEZING! (But warming up by the end of the week. (;)
Needless to say, it's been a crazy week! The lesson we taught at Starbucks has a really cool story though. We received a media referral for someone who wanted to meet with us, so we were naturally really excited. We called him and he asked us to meet us at Starbucks, so we did. Turns out that he is in his 20-something pre-med student who was raised very orthodox Christian. He had a friend 2 years ago in college that was Mormon, and in the 2 years since then, this guy has read the entire Book of Mormon, Doctrine and Covenants, and Pearl of Great Price. He is awesome! The elders will continue teaching him since we realized that he lives one street out of our area, but it was a really cool experience to talk to him and hear his story.
It was also awesome to watch the live broadcast from SLC on Wednesday for all the missionaries that are serving right now. The theme was "Teach repentance, baptize converts". It was a re-focus on our true success as a missionary and use of Preach My Gospel. I loved that Elder Bednar discussed the importance of faith in carrying our message unto people, but our inability to take the message into their hearts. It is a decision they have to make. It was an amazing and much needed 2 hours!!
My insight from personal study this week is 1 Nephi 18:15-16- I find it interesting that our desire and work to follow the spirit often takes such a toll on our physical bodies. I also like 1 Nephi 21:16- No matter how many barriers and trials we feel we have, Christ is looking at them and working to overcome them as well. He is acutely aware of us.